Spaghetti Squash with yellow squash and zucchini!
I used to HATE cutting into spaghetti squash… before I learned a much easier, safer way. But either way, the way it tastes makes up for any stress cutting into it! Its SO good. If I could make spaghetti squash anytime I craved pasta I’d never eat pasta again, its an excellent substitution!
This week I steamed my spaghetti squash for the first time. I don’t know why I never thought to do it before but I’m so glad I watched Brie Bella’s cooking video on her youtube channel and saw her do it! It was SO much easier to cut and cook!!
Here’s what I used.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- Olive oil to coat the pan
- Large pot
- 1tbsp Mrs dash
- 1tsp salt
- 1tbsp Garlic powder
- Pinch of parsley
What I did
- I steamed the spaghetti whole with about 2/3 water in a large pot for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, I drained the water, ran cold water over the spaghetti squash to make it easier to handle and cut it into fours. I then out it back in the pot with 2/3 more water and steamed it for another 10-15 minutes.
- Once the spaghetti squash is done, I let it cool and began working on the zucchini and yellow squash.
- I peel and slice up the veggies, put them in a pan with olive oil, some of the spices and covered with tin foil to cook.
- Once the veggies were just about done, I took the squash out of the shell? (Is that how to say it? ) and put it all in the pan with the zucchini and yellow squash with more spices and salt (if needed) and let it all marry together for about 7-10 minutes. I topped the plate witb a little parsley for color. And there ya go! 😏
I swear I could have eaten it for a week it wasn’t too heavy, and was so delicious! So glad I realized I could steam the spaghetti squash, thanks Brieeee 😉 here’s the link to her & her sister Nikkis YouTube channel with the spaghetti squash stir fry recipe she made!
Part 1. https://youtu.be/ITYuwmc9Fq4
Part 2. https://youtu.be/Bv2jGt3gFUs