I’ll be the first to admit that while Tofu is one of my favorite foods, I’m not very good at getting creative with it. Luckily making a Tofu Scramble is super easy and you can put it with anything. I’ve put it with a salad, I’ve put it with Quinoa, I’ve put it as a side with veggies. BUT my favorite thing to eat it with has been sweet potatoes, and that’s what I did this past week!
Tofu scramble with sweet potato fries!
Now usually I’ll have the tofu scramble with cubed sweet potatoes that I’ve peeled, sliced and boiled in water. But today I decided to have my hand at sweet potato fries.
So here it goes.
Ingredients: (For sweet potato fries)
- ¼ cup salt
- ¼ cup pepper
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Three sweet potatoes
- Large bowl
- Parchment paper
- Olive Oil
What to do.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- I peeled three sweet potatoes. About medium size.
- I did my best to slice the sweet potatoes evenly so everything would cook right.
- I put all the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and mixed about 2 tbsp of olive oil, (Just enough to cover them)
- I then put together the salt, pepper and garlic together and sprinkled it among the fries about a tablespoon worth.
- I laid the sweet potato fries out along parchment paper and sprinkled the paprika on it
- Be careful not to overcrowd the baking sheet
- Cook until golden brown, which for me was about 20-30 minutes.
A word to the wise, be careful with the salt!
While the sweet potato fries are in the oven. I put together the tofu scramble.
Note to self: get a tofu press, it’ll make your life so much easier.
Tofu of your choice.
Spices of your choosing.
I usually use:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Mrs. Dash.
What to do.
- Drain and squeeze out as much of the water as you possibly can. (This is why I need a tofu press! But I make due.)
- Then I chop it up, almost like you’re dicing up an onion I guess.
- Mix it up with all your spices. I don’t really use measurements for this. I add as I go.
- Put a little olive oil in the pan, just enough to cover the bottom
- Toss in your tofu and cook over medium heat. Stiring occasionally so bottom doesn’t burn.
- Feel free to add more seasoning as you go, if you feel its necessary. I usually end up adding more Mrs. Dash, probably because i”m obsessed with it!
And then below is my final product! Sometimes I even have this for breakfast, which might be weird for some, but some say it’s like the illusion of a scrambled egg!
Anyone with any kind of suggestions on more ways to utilize tofu, feel free to send your ideas my way!!