Ah its Monday again
This recipe came out of NOWHERE. I was hungry this past Friday night but we hadn’t gone shopping and I wasn’t really feeling any of the leftovers in the fridge. So, as I searched around the kitchen as if I thought that something was going to grow in there, I saw frozen veggies in the freezer in thought BAM STIR FRY.
- Snap peas
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Wheat spaghetti
It doesn’t get more amateur than what I did!
- Bring water to a boil for your pasta. Stir to keep from sticking
- In a frying pan, I put just enough olive oil to cover the bottom, on medium heat.
- I tossed in the veggies, no amount, just as many as I could fit in my little pan!
- I added the garlic and onion powder, about a tablespoon or two. I probably would have rather used fresh garlic but it all worked out! (P.s I don’t mind onion powder but I cannot stand onions)
- Then I added the salt and pepper (just 1/2 tsp)
- Mix it all together.
- Because they were frozen veggies and not fresh, I covered them, I don’t know if that was an essential thing to do to aid in faster cooking or flavor, but I just did it.
Once everything was done, I drained the pasta
I put about a cup of the wheat pasta on a plate with a tsp of Earth Balance butter then placed about a cup of the mixed veggies
And TA DA.
An amazing Friday night dinner, completely on the fly, using what I had in the house already.
And then on top of that, my mom had some, and so did my brother. AND my brother learned he likes more vegetables than just broccoli, it’s a miracle really.
Next time I make this I hope to use Spaghetti Squash and hopefully more veggies, like mushrooms and carrots, oh and Tofu! we’ll see!