Its been a good month since I did a meatless monday post 😮 mostly because I’ve been super busy and lazy and haven’t cooked much of anything worth posting about 💁
I did decide to get creative the other day for breakfast. This was another case of I’m hungry, I don’t know what I want but I’ve got these ingredients let’s see what happens.
I call this a good ole oatmeal bake 😉
– 2 cups of oats
-1/3 cup brown sugar
-1tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
-6 ounces of strawberries
– 2 cups non dairy milk
– 3 tbsp non dairy butter
– 2 tsp of vanilla extract
– 1- 2 ripe banana
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Spray 2 quart baking dish
3. In a large bowl mix together oats, sugar, baking powder, and half the strawberries then place in baking dish.
4. The scatter the rest of the strawberries on top.
5. In another large bowl, mix together milk, butter, & vanilla then pour all over the oats.
6. Gently shimmy and shake the baking pan to get the milk mixture all around the oats. Then add banana slices on top.
7. Place in the oven for about a half hour to 45 minutes. I just kept checking it until it was firm but not dried out.
8. Add some syrup on top for a little sweeter taste!
I found a recipe for this and the just substituted some things and left a bunch completely out because they either were vegan or i just didnt have any, such as eggs, walnuts and chocolate chips. AND it still came out super yummy! And didnt take much time or prep 👊🏼
I cannot wait til I can get back in the kitchen and get creative again. The time is coming up and I’m super excited. I’m also excited because fall is almost here and that means so much baking and perfect weather for my homemade vegan soup 😍 hope I’ll have another recipe for you next week! Please share yours with me😘✌
Until next time!