I wish I could tell you that I came up with this recipe on my own, but alas I did not. My mom actually found it on the internet while looking for something new, different and something her and I could both have. (I’m a Vegetarian, she is not). So, if this was originally your idea, THANK YOU because this meal is so easy and delicious. It needs to be continuously shared!
- Medium Size Sweet Potatoes
- Oven temperatures may vary but after poking holes into the sweet potatoes, I cook them at 425 degrees, until tender (probably 45 minutes).
- I use these little Quinoa boil in a bag packets from Success because they’re super easy. I cook 2 of those in boiling water according to package directions.
- Saute up the spinach and kale with some olive oil and I usually use some garlic and onion powder to season.
- Next I combine the quinoa in with the vegetables to toss it all together.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, cut them in half, and make indentations with a fork to make the “boat” like shape and fill with the mixture.
If you were just making something for yourself I dare say you could put the sweet potatoes in the microwave for even faster cooking. This meal left me very full and very happy and the fact that it’s a healthy meal that is quick leaves my lazy cooking heart beaming.