I have always been irregular with this blog, perhaps it’s part of what this blog is, as messy as I am. I posted only a couple of times between April and June, but I was pretty good in March. There is so much happening in the world, being highlighted, brought to our attention that I have not felt very much like writing my own things. Instead, I wanted to read, listen, and learn more about others. I’m still continuing to do that, but I also need my own little outlet, which is exactly what this blog is, my outlet. I have a few post ideas being put together for the next month or so and I have some plans to write about the things happening in the world, I have some personal things I wish to write about too, but I decided to start off with something light and easy.
A monthly entertainment round-up is something that I want to stick to month to month, and I decided to catch up and do a three-month catch up on everything from movies, to tv, to books, to podcasts to music. Let’s get to it.
In order to make to this from being a list of 50 songs, since I am madly in love with music, I tried to keep it to the songs that really followed me through the three months.
- Lady Gaga- Born this way; Alice and Rain on me
- Taylor Swift- Live from Paris- Cornelia Street and Death by a thousand cuts; getaway car, all too well.
- Poison- What I like about you, Talk dirty to me and nothing but a good time.
- Sam Hunt- 2016, Sinning with you and Breaking up was Easy in the 90s.
- Kelsea Ballerini- Overshare, half of my hometown, and love me like a girl.
- Kelly Clarkson- People like us
- Halsey- 3am
- Niall Horan- Small Talk
- Luke Bryan- One Margarita
- Survivor- Eye of the Tiger.
- The entire Riverdale TV Soundtrack. ( This was a two-week phase that I cannot explain).
- The Chicks (f.k.a The Dixie Chicks)- Gaslighter
- Demi Lovato- I love me.
- Harry Styles- Adore you
I’m keeping this list to the movies that I watched for the first time in these three months and loved. There were many movies I watched from the 80s, as I was on a kick, and while I liked most of the movie there were many parts of them that I realized were actually, so problematic, so we’re going to leave those out.
- Dirty Dancing
- Angel has Fallen
- Say Anything
- 13 going on 30
- Notting Hill
- Knives out
- Just go with it
- Bounty Hunter
- and of course, many hours were spent watching Harry Potter Marathons, Star Wars including The Rise of Skywalker and was reminded of how funny and good Thor Ragnorok was.
You know I watch SO much TV, but these are just a few I really loved in these three months.
- Roswell, New Mexico
- Dead to me
- Last Dance
- Little fires everywhere
- Rewatched Golden Girl but all the way through, start to end for the first time.
- NCIS LA on demand re-runs all the dang time.
- The Regulars
- Office Ladies
- Wayward- Older Episodes since it’s on Hiatus because of the Pandemic
In the coming months, I hope to add to my podcast playlists. The New Day Podcast, Work in Progress with Sophia Bush, and Basic Witches are a couple I want to get deeper into as I’ve only listened to a few episodes. Have recommendations? PLEASE send them my way.
- City of Girls- Elizabeth Gilbert
- Imagine me – Tahereh Mafi
I Started There will be peace when you are done, Nico Tortorella’s Space Between and Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone.
COMING UP IN JULY
In July my goal is to finish There will be peace when you are done. I need to catch up on the finale episodes of Roswell, New Mexico, as well as legends of tomorrow, Supergirl and Flash, as I just kind of fell out with them because there is so much going on that’s not where my attention was. I hope to maybe be able to watch Avengers Endgame again because I saw it in Theaters only once and cannot get myself to watch it again because it’s emotional for me. I’m looking forward to watching Hamilton on Disney plus, and I hope to continue the Supernatural re-watch that I started in May, got to season three, and then halted.
until next time!