We are three weeks away from the first ever WWE Womens PPV, Evolution. This PPV was officially announced at the end of July, and I was over the moon. Filled with excitement I couldn’t believe the women were getting this opportunity, I was so happy and so proud to be women’s wrestling fan.
Here we are, 16 days out, and I’m unimpressed in WWE’s push of this PPV. Yes, I am thrilled that both Trish and Lita will be involved in a match. We do have all the title matches squared away, but we don’t have anything for the in between.
I’m good with Alexa and Mickie’s single matches being turned into tag matches with Lita and Trish, and I assume it has to do with Alexa’s injury? But regardless I think the tag match will be better than the singles matches; there’s something about Trish and Lita teaming up together that is even better than solo matches.
I decided to take a look at the women’s roster, current main roster, NXT, and women from the past and see how I could put together my match card for the first ever WWE Women’s PPV.
BTW: I think WWE is in a great position to have a WWE Women’s Tag Team Tournament, for new Women’s tag titles. They have a fair amount of teams and being able to bring in women from NXT and the past, to participate in adding more to the first set of matches for the gold would work out perfectly. But sadly, unless something is decided last minute that doesn’t look to be happening.
Shayna Blazer vs. Kairi Sane
- This is the match WWE has set, and while it’s not the worst thing they could have come up with, I do wish they were able to find a way to expedite this feud in time to give us something new for the PPV. Nonetheless, I’ll keep this as is because Shayna and Kairis last few matches have not disappointed.
Nikki Bella vs. Ronda Rousey
- I was all for the Bella heel turn, turning on Ronda, taking what they want, what Nikki wants. I don’t think this should main even in anyway, but Nikki coming out on top would sure be something. I also hope Brie isn’t going to spend this PPV only being in Nikki’s corner because I think that’d be a waste, so I hope they have something additional for her to do.
Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte. Last Woman Standing Match
- I am very excited about this match. I hope its main events. The chemistry that Charlotte and Becky have with one another is on another level. I’ve always seen it, but it has seriously come forward during this feud. Becky is at the top of her game, this heel turn is working for her, this entire series has been fun to watch, and I do not doubt that this match has the potential to bring the house down at Evolution.
NXT UK Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley vs.?
- I haven’t followed this as much as I should have, but whoever Rhea’s opponent is, I expect Rhea to retain.
Mae Young Classic Finales.
- I have purposely made a point to avoid all spoilers for this because I want to be surprised when I watch each week, which of course I’ve been too busy and too tired to have watched any of it yet! So 1. Don’t spoil it for me, and 2. I have no idea who would be in this spot, but whoever it is, I’m sure the match will be great because the Mae Young Classic is full of incredibly talented ladies.
I have a few dozen different scenarios for a few of the same people from Raw. Such as:
- Ember Moon, Nia Jax, Nattie, and Beth vs. Riott Squad and a possible returning AJ Lee.
- Nia, Nattie, and Beth vs. The Riott Squad
- Nia vs. Beth
- Nattie vs. Michelle McCool
- Nattie and Beth vs. LayCool ( if Layla was able/invited to make an appearance.)
With Sasha’s injury I’m having a hard time figuring out how to place her and Bayley but here are a few ideas I threw together.
- Bayley and Sasha vs. Bianca and Lacey
- IIconics vs. Bayley and Sasha
- Bayley vs. AJ Lee.
Some other ideas:
- Ember vs. Asuka
- Brie Bella vs. Ruby Riott OR Liv Morgan.
- Bayley vs Ember Moon
- Ember Moon vs. Nikki Cross
- Bayley and Carmella vs. IIconics
- Triple Threat match: IIconics vs. Sonya and Mandy vs. Naomi and Asuka.
- Carmella vs. Zelina ( I’m unsure why I love this idea so much, but I do, and I’d love to see it happen at this PPV)
- Brie Bellavs. Carmella vs. Zelina because why not?
- Peyton vs. Sonya vs. Asuka vs. Brie Bella vs. Carmella vs. Zelina in a six-pack challenge for number one contendership for SDLive Women’s title.
Maybe they might want to go down the road of doing a past vs. future kind of match something like three of the NXT ladies vs. Three Veteran ladies? It’s a possibility.
IIconics vs. Laycool would be a pretty cool way to pass the torch.
And while I hate the idea of a battle royal because WWE would be so lazy with it, I think it’s one of the only opinions to make sure everyone has the opportunity to be a part of this historic event. My participants would be:
Alicia, Dana, Lana, Maria, Aliyah, Ivory, Tanarya, Vanessa, Victoria, Torrie, Molly Holly, Mia Ham, any other NXT or WWE Lady not involved in another match, Any other past woman superstar such as Candice Michelle, Vickie G, and Kaitlyn. I just have no idea what they’d win, or what the point would be, unfortunately, but they’d still get to be apart of the event, which I think every lady, past, present, and future should be in one capacity or another.
I freaking wish that Emma and Summer Rae were able to come back and be apart of this!
Regardless of what WWE throws together, it’s nice to see the warm reception that this PPV has gotten from Social Media. It’s one thing to want something, but you also have to support the hell out of it once you get it. The ladies of WWE, past, and present deserve the hell out of this, so I do hope that WWE does right by them, gives them the matches they deserve and gives their audience what they’ve been begging for, for years.