I am obsessed with Christmas Movies.
Everyone makes fun of me when I get super excited when they come on. When I said in my first post that I celebrate Christmas like a child, I was NOT kidding. When CBS or Freeform puts out their holiday line up I get overjoyed. I think because I’m older now, a whole quarter of a century old, these holiday movies are the perfect excuse to break away from the every day stresses. For thirty minutes, an hour or whatever, you just get lost into a Christmas movie, whether it’s aimed for children or something on lifetime or hallmark, and just forget about it for a while. So here’s a few of my absolute favorites that I never go without watching and if You haven’t heard of them, I highly recommend watching them!
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. (1964)
- This is by far my absolute favorite Christmas movie. I adore Rudolph, I adore this story and the old school animation is amazing. My mom even knows that if she’d scrolling through the tv guide and she sees that Rudolph will be on, she knows to let me know, because I will have my butt placed in the living room whenever it is on, I could probably recite every word too.
- Frosty the snowman.
- Another movie that I adore so very, very much. Again, the old school animation and the characters and the innocence of the story make it oh so perfect. Another gem that I will always find my butt planted in the living room to watch whenever it is on.
- The Grinch.
- I am crazy old school when it comes to original Christmas movies, so it may not shock you that I was not a fan of the Grinch remake with Jim carry. I only watched it a couple of weeks ago for the first time to at least give it a chance, and I couldn’t bear to watch much. I’m sure it is a fine movie, but because I am so in love with the old school, 1967 animation I don’t think I’ll ever accept another.
- Home Alone.
-I LOVE the home alone movies to death, but lost in New York is my favorite. It’s hysterical. It’s just a down right wonderful movie and a perfect staple to add into your holiday line up.
- I have a love/hate relationship with this movie. I know some people who can watch this movie repeatedly and never be sick of it. That’s not me. I love this movie, but I can only watch it a few times for the holidays and then I’m good. I’ve had my Buddy fix and I’m good til next year. It’s always in my line up though for sure.
- Holiday in Handcuffs. (2007)
- It’s unusual that I find a movie on freeform or hallmark that is worth more than one or two watches. This holiday in handcuffs staring Melissa Joan Hart and Mario Lopez is a gem for sure. I think it’s just a super cute movie, definitely check it out.
- Snow globe. (2007)
- I think this is one of the very first hallmark/freeform type of movies that I really fell in love with. It probably had a lot to do with the fact that I’m in love with snow globes honestly. Christina Millian is absolutely perfect in this movie, and a story about a magical dream world inside a snow globe is exactly my kind of Christmas clique.
- Santa Baby 1 & 2. (2006 & 2009)
- I adore Jenny McCarthy in both of these films. There’s family angst, a little romance, a little bit of everything.
- The Santa Clause. All three!
- I love Tim Allen in these movies. I believe it was the third movie in this series that gave me a true hatred of Jack Frost. He literally makes me SO angry. Which makes it all even better because it brings out a true feeling when I’m watching this.
- Christmas Bounty.
- WWE Superstar the Miz stars in this film alongside, Francia Raisa in this adorable movie. I probably never would have watched this if I hadn’t known Miz was in it, and being a fan of wrestling, new that he had the power to put together a pretty dang good movie, and I’m glad I did because it’s a super cute holiday movie.
So those above are my top 10 that I can up with on a whim. But let’s not forget my love for a year without a Santa clause, Santa clause is coming to town, a Charlie Browns Christmas, Frosty Returns, Rudolph’s shiny new year and probably many more that I’ll think of after I’ve posted this! What’s your all time favorite christmas/holiday movie?! Have any you recommend for me to add to my line up? Share them either in the comments or on my twitter @/amandaraee_x3 I’d love to hear them!