Spring has always been my favorite season. It’s the perfect weather, chilly but sunny, usually all the snow is gone and so on. But as I’ve gotten older I’ve also fallen in love with Fall! So for my Friday fives this week, let’s talk about my favorite things about this season.
- The colors. The Halloween schemes of the orange, black and purple. The red, light brown and yellows. The schemes make me so happy.
- The décor. I love the pumpkins. the things you can buy to spice up the kitchen, like special dish towels and signing. The colors of pillows for the living room and of course, anything and everything you can put around outside.
- The smells and the tastes! Obviously these are year round too but for me they’re extra special to have during the fall! Apple pie, apple cinnamon, pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice and so on.
- The leaves changing. I hate to see the trees be bare once winter comes but before that when they’re changing colors. It’s my absolute favorite thing. I love taking a good drive to anywhere I know that is filled with trees during this time, because the scenery is just stunning.
- Sleeping with the windows open. There is nothing better to me than being able to have the window open, the covers on and sleeping. Fresh air is everything.
AND as a bonus!
6. I have started to love Halloween! I liked it as a kid, but I wasn’t obsessed with it or anything. Even as a teenager, it was cool to go out with friends and such but when it was time to give up the costume I was more than good with just sneaking some candy out of my siblings bags when they got back. But as I get older, I’m noticing how much more I like it than I thought. Not so much the dressing up part, but the decor, the movies, things like that. I hate horror movies, mostly because I’m a big scardy cat and I just can’t handle them. BUT, and I think i’ve mentioned this before, during the Halloween season I always find myself wanting to watch some older scary, halloween type movies, just because you know? And yes, no matter how old I am, Hocus Pocus is and always will be my favorite. I can’t wait until october hits and it’s on TV practically all the time!
What are you favorite parts of fall and/or Halloween? Tell me in the comments or hit me up on my social medias!
until next time.