So I’ve recently discovered the discover page on word press. I knew it was there just never took the time, or had the time to browse through it. Man, am I glad that I finally did though. I found some amazing posts, and some amazing writing. I came across a couple of posts called “Friday Fives” they were anything from five things you learned that week, to five songs you were obsessed with that week, or five meals you could eat over and over again, five books you’d like to reread or five things from your childhood you wish that you could relive and so on. I absolutely fell in love with this concept. So I decided to incorporate this idea into my blog! Thank you to whoever originally came up with the idea, and anyone on word press who also uses it because it is an incredible concept.
So to kick this off I decided to start with five things that I’ve learned or relearned over the last week.
- I am very much a superhero geek. No question. And this past weekend I was reminded just about much I LOVE Marvels Age of Ultron movie, I also managed to forget how funny it is. Gave me a good Saturday night laugh.
2. I don’t make it out to Barnes and Noble quite often because it’s a little drive away from me and my car is unfortunately not in great shape to go out of town. Yeah the struggle is real. Anyways I was able to take my mommas car out there Sunday afternoon and I was quietly reminded how easily it is for me to get lost in there. So many books, so many genres, green tea at starbucks, and so on. There’s always a bunch of people in there but somehow my anxiety is still at my lowest when im in there. Even walked out with two new books in a vampire series I’ve been reading, so serious win, win.
3. I’ve been waiting what seems like forever for the defenders to come out on Netflix and it finally did and it was SO worth the wait. I’m beyond anxious for Jessica Jones 2, more Daredevil and definitely more Luke Cage, oh yeah more iron fist too!
4. I used to love Taylor Swift with her original stuff. I mean I was fifteen, sixteen years old at the time so her songs completely resonated with me. Then I fell off the wagon, and maybe every once in a blue moon she’d have a song I’d like, but otherwise I could care less. Then she comes out with Look what you made me do, and suddenly I was in love again. The music video is badass, I love the concept and it is catchy as hell.
5. I have a new obsession with Chips and Salsa. I was never much for salsa, I liked that so terrible for you nacho cheese with my whole heart though. But now put some chips and salsa in front of me and I turn into a savage. The salsas gone before I have had any realization that I’ve eaten that much. It’s terrible but it’s so, so good.
I seriously love this friday fives idea! Definitely going to keep this going.
until next week!