I’ve been trying to think of ways to keep myself organized with this blog, I’ve been absolutely awful with posting anything other than wrestling and the occasional meatless Monday post and I want this blog to be more than that, because I am more than that.
I decided to do this new thing every Tuesday, tune in Tuesday. And no I didn’t just think this up on my own. At work ( the wonderful world of retail) every Tuesday, just about, I go in early about 6am before the store opens and reset the movie and tvshow dvd/blueray shleves. I move around the older movies to make way for the new ones to be front and center and so on. SO today, while I was doing this, I started thinking that I could totally make this into a weekly blog post.Something that is so big in my life is music, movies and tv so I think this is a really great idea. Each week it’ll either be a post on some movie(s) that I watched recently, or tv shows I’ve watched whether it’s new or old, music that I love, what I’m into right now and so on, I think you probably get the point right? I’ll probably even stick it into some kind of top five/top ten kind of thing.
I thought it would be perfect to kick this off with Music. I am always listening to music. In the car, in the shower, writing this RIGHT now, while I’m getting dressed and so on. And a huge part of my playlists is pop punk music. I never really grew up with it, besides the good charlotte, linkin park, the main stream kind, you know? And then a couple years ago, I was going through a really hard time. My grandpa was really sick, Cancer unfortunately, and he wanted to be able to stay at home so I packed up and moved in with him, ( eventually I’ll write some posts about that because I’m sure there’s a ton of people, unfortunately who can relate pretty closely to my experience with this, but i’m still not ready yet). For my whole life music has always been an outlet for me, and during this time I was having such a hard time finding music that really fit how I was feeling, or at least made me feel even the slightest bit better. None of my pop or country music was doing the trick. So I remember just going through spotify and youtube and first coming across Breaking Benjamin, which I had already heard of before and realized that I’d actually heard some of their songs before, and really liked them. I kept going from there, going through the suggested artists, seeing the All time low, and A day to remember songs I used to listen to when I was a teenager, and found some seriously incredible bands and artists and I was really able to connect with the music, and it all truly saved me, gave me a much needed release. One of those bands, was a band out the UK called Neck Deep, made up of five incredibly talented guys, Ben Barlow, Fil Thrope Evans, Dani Washington, Matt West and Sam Bowden. Since, signing with Hopeless Records, These guys recently put out their THIRD studio album last week, The Peace and The Panic, and it is outstanding. ( they have a couple other albums too from the VERY beginning) There isn’t a single song on the whole thing that I don’t like. I stayed up til midnight to listen to it the second it hit spotify and if you ask my sister, who’s totally annoyed with it, It’s like all I’ve listened to for week, and while that’s not totally true, she’s not entirely wrong either. BUT IT’S JUST THAT DANG GOOD. If you’re looking for some good music, with a good sound, good lyrics, a good vibe, look these guys up, and binge listen to all their work, especially this latest one. They’re on you-tube, spotify, apple music and probably plenty of other outlets!
Let’s look at my ten favorite songs from all of Neck Deeps albums! ( Seriously you guys, picking out only ten was wicked hard! And no this isn’t in order, there isn’t enough time in the world for me to try and do that!)
- Wish you were here– The peace and the panic album. This REALLY hits me. I’ve had a lot of loss in the last two/ three years so this song just hits me.
- Parachute– The peace and the panic album. I’m big on the lyrics not songs, not just the beat, this song has a great beat but the lyrics are what keep me listening.
- Critical Mistake– The Peace and The Panic Album. The lyrics are what make me love this song so much.
- Happy Judgement Day– The Peace and The Panic Album. Look this one up on you-tube, the video makes it EVEN better and it’s already a badass song.
- In bloom– The Peace and The Panic Album. The music video is fantastic too, seriously you-tube this one too.
- December– Life’s not out to get you album. I just really, really love this song.
- Serpents– Life’s not out to get you album. This song is ALWAYS on my gym playlist. Incredible sound.
- Threat level midnight– Life’s not out to get you album. The beat to this is so gooooood.
- Head to the ground– Rain in July album. Just a dang good sound.
- A Part of me ft. laura Whiteside– Rain in July album. I don’t know what the story behind this song is for them but the story I make up in my head while listening to this song is wonderful.
My favorite kind of music, is music that really has a story, and I think that’s why this pop punk kind of music is my favorite these last few years. If this is you too, and you’ve never heard of/ listened to pop punk, check these guys out and follow through the suggestions afterwards I promise you you’ll find some more amazing bands and artists.
I really liked doing this! Even though narrowing down my favorites was super hard! I think we might stick with this music theme for a little while, keep hyping up my favorite pop punk/rock bands. I have a lot of thinking and planning to do! OH if you have ANY kind of music to share, bands, artists, whatever, leave me a comment here or on my social medias!
until next week!