In this day and age it’s not very common that you come across someone who did, does, or is going to have Netflix. Personally I think it’s money well splurged. I go through an interesting process with Netflix, either I’m constantly hooked on something or I’ll spend a couple of weeks watching no Netflix at all, but that’s usually when I’m getting over a recent binge, and contemplating starting another show and throwing myself back into the Netflix cave. I’ve found some wonderful shows because of netflix, It’s where I first got introduced to The Vampire Diaries, Lost, Gossip Girl, Greys Anatomy, Supernatural, and obviously the list goes on. I’m the exact kind of person that Netflix Caters too. I find a show and I literally let it take me over. It’s probably not healthy, but for a while it’s wonderful to just get lost with your laptop and not worry about anything else. I’m currently lost in Arrow, a show which, I should have binged on a long time ago, but at least I finally got around to it. I’m on season five and figure by the beginning of next week, if not sooner, I’ll be done with it and lost trying to find something to fill the “void.”
The point of this post is to share a couple of shows Netflix offers, that are also still on TV & will have new seasons coming soon, that I absolutely love and highly recommend you consider for your next binging session!
- I never read the Archie comics as a kid, I never even heard of them, but those are what this show is based off of. I started watching this show on the CW on accident, it came on after supernatural one Wednesday night and I was busy on my phone doing nothing of importance I’m sure and just never changed the channel. Within five minutes I have put my phone down and was completely focused on this show, and by the end of the episodes I was wishing the next one wasn’t a whole week away! Season two will be out on the CW in October but Season 1 is already up on Netflix right now! This show has many twists and turns and is much more than a bunch of teenagers in high school trying to figure there shit out, ( but yes of course there’s still tons of that!) The cast is outstanding, the writing is great, and the story as a whole has been outstanding as far as season one goes. So seriously get to binging season one sometime before October and join the ride on the CW when Season two comes around!
2. The Originals.
- I started watching this while The Vampire Diaries was still on and it’s been a wonderful thing to still have now that TVD has come to an end. But you don’t have to have necessarily have watched TVD to watch The Originals ( but you should definitely do that anyways!), although looking up some background may be of help. The Originals definitely has a darker vibe than TVD ever did. The cast and the writing are incredible. If you like the syfy/ fantasty/ vampire kind story, this is one for you! Seasons 1-4 are up on netflix, and season five kicks off sometime this fall on the CW!
- I watch wrestling and NCIS and all that jazz on the USA Network a lot, and because of that I kept constantly seeing promos for this show Shooter, it stars Ryan Phillipe and Shantel VanSanten ( from one tree hill) and after seeing the constant promos and having seen both of the shows main stars in other shows, and loved them, I decided when it finally aired i’d be watching. Before that I also found the movie, shooter, starring Mark Walberg, which the TV is based off of, and by doing that I became even more excited for the show, and when it finally aired I was NOT disappointed. It became a show that I couldn’t stand to miss because it always left you on the edge of your bed. Season two begins tonight, but you can still totally binge season one on netflix and catch up on tonights episode and others on- demand or online on USA.
- This is another show that I got hooked on, on USA. Started the same as Shooter, constant promos on USA Network and also the two main stars. I fell in love with Josh Holloway during Lost and Sarah Wayne Callies during prison break, and believe me when I say they are excellent on screen together in this show. It follows my obsession with the syfy/fantasy genre, but a little differently than I thought I’d like. But again if Syfy fantasy is your thing, then I highly recommend this show as well.
- I started watching Shameless after a couple of my friends recommended it, and they were certainly right. It’s airs on Showtime but all of the currently seasons 1-7 are all up on Netflix and the new season just started filming so you have plenty of time to binge! Its a fun show full with real life issues played out greatly on screen. I actually related to a few dozen things whether I’d like to admit it or not, and I think that’s why I fell so in love with the show, and I absolutely believe you will too.
And here’s a bonus one.
- All the shows up til now, are still going to have new seasons airing on their prospective networks, Bitten unfortunately only lasted three seasons on Syfy network. While the way the show ends actually works out I could have definitely gone for some more seasons! This is a show I found on netflix first, while just browsing for something in my syfy fantasy realm. The cast is wonderful, the story that unfolds is amazing, and it’s definitely worth binging through the three season show.
I’m always looking for a good show to get engulfed in. After I finish up Arrow I’ll be looking for another one, so please share any you think I’d might like. I’m not really picky, but syfy is certainly my number one thing. 😉
Until next time.