Happy National Vegetarian Week!
So in honor of National Vegetarian Week, everyday this week I’m going to showcase some of my all time favorite meals/recipes that are completely vegetarian (& probably vegan), so easy and of course super yummy!
Today its all about Gardein! I am madly in love with Gardeins products. They have so many yummy things that are so easy to make and to make meals out of. One of my new favorites is their sweet and tangy “wings”. Everything is vegetarian(and vegan) including the sauce!
On the package it gives you a couple different ways you can cook it but my favorite way is in the skillet.
What to do :
- Put about 1tbp of Olive Oil in a pan.
- Put wings in the pan to cook on medium heat.
- While that’s cooking up, put the sauce packet in a cup of hot water to thaw.
- After the wings have been cooked on both sides until each side is a golden brown I mix in the sauce.
Now to make this a yummy meal I cook up some noodles to go with it. I boil the water and get that all done before I start the “wings” because obviously the noodles will take a while.
- Once the sauce and wings have had a little time probably about 2 minutes to cook together I’ll add in a handful or two of the noodles right into the pan and mix it all together.
- I usually let the flavors sit in the pan for about 3-5 minutes on low heat so nothing burns or over cooks!
And bam. There you have it. 😍😍
I put this combo together practically on accident. One day I just wanted something more to go with the wings and there were left over noodles in the fridge and I just threw it together and the flavor from the wings and the noodles go great together. It’s now one of my favorite meals to make, I can usually get two meals out of it as well.
This week for meal prep I also made some garlic parmesan oven baked broccoli to go with this!
How I did that:
- Preheat oven to 425
- Wash and cut up fresh broccoli into the florets.
- Place broccoli in large bowl, coat with olive oil about 2-3 tbps depending on the amount of broccoli you’re using, garlic(can be powder or minced garlic whatever youve got) and a little salt and mix together.
- In a baking sheet drizzle some olive oil on the bottom and use a paper towel to spread it around the bottom.
- Put broccoli in the baking pan, place in the oven and cook about 15 minutes.
- I have a decent amount of broccoli so mine took about 20 minutes. But I suggest doing 15 to start and just keep checking it.
- After its done add the parmesan cheese on top!
And then you have a delicious vegetarian meal that takes about MAYBE a half hour 45 minutes, mostly because of cooking the noodles!
And as a bonus. I recently discovered vegan yogurt. I know its vegetarian week and not vegan week BUT Silks vegan yogurt is so good everyone should eat it. Its lighter than regular yogurt I think, and did I mention its delicious? 😉