Roasted Red Pepper Quinoa with vegetables.
– Near east Roasted Red Pepper Quinoa
– 1 cup cauliflower
– 1 cup broccoli
– Olive oil
– Garlic powder
– Bring 1 and ¾ cup water x2 to a boil with the Quinoa ( reading instructions from the box)
– Once boiled add in the seasoning, stir and turn down to medium heat.
– While that’s cooking start the cauliflower and broccoli in just enough olive oil to coat the bottom and add in garlic powder, salt and mrs dash for extra flavor to the vegetables. Cover. Stir occasionally.
– Once there is just a little water left in the quinoa mixture and the vegetables seem just about cooked add them in with the quinoa to marry all the flavors together.
– Continue mixing until all the water is gone
– Add salt to taste.
This dish is so simple. It was hearty and DELICIOUS and perfect for lunch on this cold snowy day!
It was my first time making anything with quinoa for my mom and she loved it. So that was super rewarding!