Being a Vegan isn’t just about what food you put into your body… it is about even more than that.
It’s about what make up you put on your face, or deodorant brand you use, what you wash your hair with or what your shoes or purse is made from. And why? Animal cruelty.
Even today, animal testing is still a thing. The makeup you use could have been used on a rabbit, the leather on your purse, ripped from a cow or an alligator.
But they don’t have too.
I started paying more attention to what makeup I was using, the lotions, the shampoos and conditioners soon after I gave up meat. I did a lot of reading on Petas website, their social media accounts, and learned the unnecessary abuse on animals that happens to test these products by certain companies.
I put a little list together of someone of my favorite makeup brands that I use, that are cruelty free and then complied another little list of other products I’ve come across around this little town!
- Elf– I am in love with Elf products, because not only are they cruelty free, but they’re inexpensive! I usually get my Eyeliner from Elf.
- Wet n Wild– Another rather inexpensive brand that probably more people are familiar with! I really like they’re mascara!
- Physicians Formula– This one is more on the expensive side, but in addition to being cruelty free, they’re hypoallergenic and they have 100% recyclable lash traction brushes, and many ingredients in their make-up comes from renewable resources. Their eye shadow is my favorite product from them!
Big Companies that you’ve heard of, that STILL test on animals….
It breaks my heart that company like these still feel the need to test their products on animals when it’s clear that there are better ways.
Other cruelty free brands I love for other day to day things besides makeup are:
- Acure– They have everything from Body Lotion, shampoo and conditioners, and facial scrubs!
- Alba Botanica– same thing as Acure.
- Eco Tools. I love these! They’re not only cruelty free, and vegan BUT they’re also environmentally friendly. Look at their website for more on what they’re all about! https://ecotools.com/en/story
- Flower– another makeup company, by Actress Drew Barrymore. I’ve seen it while browsing Walmart, but I have yet to try it. On my list, though.
- Pacifica– lotions, body washes, etc.…
- Seventh Generation– Do your laundry, cruelty free and protect the environment!
I live in a small town, so they’re aren’t as many brands around here as opposed to New York or California SO for a full list visit Peta.Org or crueltyfreekitty.com.