Happy Meatless Monday!
I decided that the perfect weekly tradition to kick off this blog is a recipe every week that is completely meat free!
So this week I decide to kick it off with Quinoa and Sweet Potato Patties.
Which ended up being completely VEGAN!
I’d always wanted to make these, and today I finally dove in and did it! I’ve also learned that 99% of the time, the food I make isn’t always pretty, but it tastes damn good. This is no exception.
Ingredients you’ll need.
- 2 cups of baked sweet potatoes, skins removed and mashed. ( about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 2 cups of cooked Quinoa. ( I used Roasted Red Pepper Quinoa)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- sea salt
- earth balance vegan butter
- optional- Ms. Dash. I use it because I absolutely love it and it adds flavor!
- Prepare Quinoa according to package instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, pierce sweet potatoes with fork, and bake for 45 in the oven, or until soft. Another option, which is what I personally did. I cubed up the sweet potatoes and boiled them in the water until soft.
- Add mashed up sweet potatoes, Quinoa all other dry ingredients and olive oil in a bowl together and mix well.
- Form mixture into balls the size of your choice, flatten into a patty and cook in the earth balance butter in a pan for about 2 minutes on each side( depending on the size of your patties)
- and ENJOY!
To go with these patties I made a package of Veggie Fries. They’re Kale and Tuscan Herb flavored, completely vegan, Gluten Free and delicious!